CALL NOW! We offer 24 hour service, 7 days a week.
Slab Leak Repairs
Slab Leak Repair Services in Chicagoland
Is a leak beneath your slab causing significant damage to your home? Call (877) 977-8989 and schedule expert slab leak repairs!
What Is a Slab Leak?
Slab leaks are some of the most serious types of leaks that occur when a pipe is leaking beneath the foundations of your home. These leaks can happen in any of the piping, and generally, result in significant damages to your home. There are various causes for this issue, which makes if very difficult to prevent. If they do occur, however, our staff is here to help. Our plumbing experts can find them for you and provide you with professional slab leak repairs in no time!
What Causes These Leaks?
- Corrosion: –The pipes under your home are surrounded by soil, and as the pipe makes contact with the soil and water runs through the pipe, the pipe begins to corrode. For homes that have copper piping, corrosion is the most common cause of slab leaks. Copper piping corrodes very quickly, especially when moisture is involved.
- Abrasion:– When water runs through the pipe, the pipe can become dented and damaged as it touches gravel, concrete, and other pipes. Eventually, the abrasion can cause the pipe to leak. Additionally, abrasion can occur in various areas of pipe at the same time, making it a very serious situation to be in.
- Excess Pressure: While your plumbing system is designed to put up with pressure, in some instances this pressure can be too strong. Pressure is an especially common cause in areas that have earthquakes or that have bad construction, which shifts around the plumbing. This will eventually cause a strain on your piping and damage it all together.
- Invasive Rotos:– For plants, trees, and shrubs with very deep roots, these problems pose a risk for the plumbing beneath your home. In their search for water, these plants can push into your piping, eventually causing leaks and faults, which can damage your slab and home.
- Running water sound
- Water damage to walls, floors, and roofing
- Extremely high water bills
- Cracks on your baseboards and walls
- Warm spots on the floor
If any of these symptoms sound like something occurring in your home, give our plumbing pros a call. We provide comprehensive detection and repair solutions for all slab leaks in your home. At 24/7 Plumbing, Sewer & Water our professionals have long time experience in slab leak repairs. Feel free to contact us today, and we will happily send out a technician to get the issue resolved in a timely manner.
Is a slab leak raising the water bill in your home? Call us at (877) 977-8989 and schedule an appointment with the experts who know slab leak repairs.
What Are Five Signs That You Have a Slab Leak?
Click Here for information on Trenchless Sewers.